About punctuality

I am a very punctual person. Usually I prefer to come early before the aim time. I always like that. But since I found out and discover the beauty of being late, now I am always late. The beauty of being late are ...

1. Why early or be punctual because the event will not start as it stated.
2. There will always people who will come late.
3. Come, nobody bother about punctuality anymore.

I know all the reasons I stated there are not right, and wrong to practice or even to think that way. The designated time of something and either we have to come because obligation or promise is something I must obey. It my promise, and my obligation and I have to follow. Truthfully, I hate being late, but as time goes by, I found it to be addicting.

I have friend who cannot follow time badly. Whenever I want to go somewhere or do something, I have to lie. Let say, my bus will take off at 8, I have to say I have to go early because I have to do something, and by early, I have to say two hours early. And still I will arrive at 7.30. late for 90 minutes. This is happened when I stay at her place.

But now, I do not want to repeat this kind of thing again. I want to promise myself to be punctual, to prepare early and no more delaying. I must. In Islam there is this surah who said that whoever waste time, he is the one who lost. I forgot the surah and exact meaning, but there is this statement. Time is more precious than gold. I hate those who make other people wait and it is bad habit. I want to change it.

Comments

Popular Posts