A trip

A trip
For the first time in my life, I went oversea. Hahahaha, it kind weird to say it that way because it much nearer to go to this oversea, than to go to my country capital city. I’m Malaysian, living in Johor and Johor is much nearer to Singapore than to Kuala Lumpur. Yes, I just went to a place near my hometown and I’m glad I make the trip.

Even though at first I nearly wanted to cancel the trip, but I’m glad I proceed with it.
Since kid, I always been exposed to Singapore, and my interest towards English started with Singapore channel because at my home I got Singapore channel. And because Singapore used English, somehow, I was influenced to learn English and now here I am, an English teacher.

Somehow, when I was teaching, I wonder how I can best teach my pupils. I got the advantage because I got exposed with English since I was small, but my pupils? They live in rural area, far from English usage and sometimes it takes many times before they can remember a word that I told them. It make me frustrated. But I guess, there is no words give up for teacher.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello there,

I am gr8life and I think you know where I found you (well, you found me first!) I am a Johorian too, not from JB but BP *winks* I have an aged auntie in Singapore so I travel there like once a year. Great to know an English teacher here and maybe, you can correct my English too... well I don't mind about that! People make mistake, always...right?

Popular Posts