Money and old cloth

In malay, money is call as ‘duit’ pronounced it as “du-it”. I know a lot of people say money will not make you happy but the thing is without money, life will be miserable. Here I am at the age of not yet 25, has been burdened with the money problem. I hate it.

My father is a farmer, but never in my life have I felt difficult. Well, of course my life is not luxury, but I never face a situation where I cannot eat because of money. My father train us to live as it is, and always be thankful to what I had. And for that I am very thankful. I remember, when I was in university, when my friends are busy with cloth and make up, I do not feel the necessity to have that kind of stuff. At the age where I just get away from parents, all those things never influence me. ( maybe a bit, but I always see myself as ugly, so that’s no need for that) I do not mind wear the same cloth as long as it still can be wear and I will continue to do so, until I enter a society world, a world of occupation.

There is this incident that makes me realized, somehow, I need to change the way I dress. I need to learn wear make up and learn to buy a good cloth, because as a future teacher, pupil will look up to me and observe me. I need to make them listen to me and one way to do it is to dress nicely. Well, used to be, I really do not cared how I dress, as long as I am comfortable, but now, I need to change that. Now, I had to change it to comfortable ( still my priority ) and also look nice.

One of the reason I do not care about cloth so much because nice cloth cost money. That’s why I still wear a ten years old cloth. Trust me, I still do that. My body still not change much, that’s why I still can wear old cloth.

For me, it’s good to keep reuse old things that I can still use, and more brilliant to reuse it in other way. I mean, if that thing cannot be use, but use our won creative thinking to make use of that. Like old cloth, instead just throw it away, maybe that cloth can be use to make a decoration, I know, that doesn’t make a sense at all, but what I mean is, there must be, somehow that old piece of junk can be use. And because if I keep on buying new cloth, I have no place to keep all of it, and now my room look like garbage place, because of so many cloth that I still keep, but some I need to give away, because I had to let go the old one and welcome a new me.

Comments

Popular Posts