Something To Ponder

Money is a singular thing. It ranks with love as man’s greatest source of joy. And with death as his greatest source of anxiety.

John Kenneth Galbraith


All Motivation is self motivation. Your family, your boss or your co-workers can try to get your engine going, but until you decide what to accomplish, nothing will happen.

Seth Godin

“Competition is easier to accept if you realize it is not an act of aggression or abrasion. I’ve worked with my best friends in direct competition. Whatever you want in life, other people are going to want too. Believe in yourself enough to accept the idea that you have an equal right to it”.

Diane Sawyer : In a speech.


When you let someone else win an argument, often you both end up winners. If one of my children says, “you never spend any time with me,” my impulse might be responds, “but I spends lots of time with you. Don’t you remember just yesterday we went out to lunch?” what I have found, however is that my willing participation in the argument does nothing more than keep it alive by feeding with attention. Sometimes a better response is, “you’re right. I hope we’ll start spending more time together. I love you so much.”

Richard Carlson. Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff with Your Family

As a child, a library card takes you to exotic, faraway places. When you’re grown up, a credit card does it.
Sam Ewing

People are pretty much alike. It’s only that our differences are more susceptible to definition than our similarities.

Linda Ellerbee

There are 40 kinds of lunacy, but only one kind of common sense.

African Proverb

You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.

Mary Tyler Moore

Comments

Popular Posts