My Inspirational Movie

I really like Legally Blond. But why the sequel will not be as good as the first one?

Never mind that. I will go straight to the point. But nothing in the story is similar to me. Make up, rich girl, handsome guy, fashion; I am far away near that.

synopsis from here: http://www.cinema.com/film/5485/legally-blonde/synopsis.phtml



How many blondes does it take to change Harvard Law School? Only one, if she's as fabulous as Elle Woods. Reese Witherspoon stars as the golden-haired heroine of MGM Pictures' summer comedy LEGALLY BLONDE.

Elle Woods is naturally blonde (an important distinction). She's also super-popular, an honor student, president of her sorority, a runner-up for Miss Hawaiian Tropic, and Miss June in the CULA campus calendar - and her signature color is pink. She's led a wonderful life (she was in a Ricky Martin video!), but she's not a clueless, spoiled brat - Elle, like her hair, has a heart of gold, and it belongs to her totally cute boyfriend, Warner.

When Warner asks her to dinner at their special place, she assumes he's going to pop the question and finally place The Rock (a six-karat Harry Winston) on her freshly manicured finger. Instead, he dumps her saying she's "too blonde" and not "serious" enough for his future political career, and Elle is devastated. Determined not to give up, she decides to prove she can be what he wants - she'll attend Harvard Law School herself.

She's accepted (a Coppola directs her admissions video), but Elle finds it hard to be fabulous on the East Coast - a charming personality and pink Prada bag won't get you far in the navy blue blazer world of law school, and Elle sticks out like a sore cuticle. She resolves to succeed, though, and is soon one of the best in her class, to everyone's surprise. When a professor picks students for four coveted intern spots at his firm, Elle makes the cut and is soon assisting the defense in a sensational murder trial. One by one, she wins the respect of her peers, then ends up defending the client by herself in the ultimate exhibition of girl power. With clever, light-hearted digs at blondes and brunettes, men and women, and the silliness of labels of any sort, Elle overcomes the "dumb blonde" stereotype to ultimately declare herself proudly Legally Blonde.

But I learn a lot from the movie. Especially to always believe in yourself and never look down on yourself and others. Because these two things is the thing I rarely had in me. I am a very low self confidence person and always believe that many things happen to me is because of coincidence. (But I am not kind a person who look down on others. I will never do that. How can low self confidence person look down on others, right?)

But somehow the movie manages to teach me to change the way I look at myself.

The movie also exhibit that if you want something and you really put your mind to it, you will achieve it. Work hard will always pay you good.

Never bother what people say or think you. Must always have faith in yourself.

The road to achieve what we like will never be easy. Sometimes, it will become rough, but never lose your hope. Try harder. And never give up.

I really like the speech Elle gave at the graduation ceremony, about “remembering the first impression would not always correct’. It is true. I hate people who judge somebody else based on their appearance and only based on the first impression. Looks can be very deceiving.

I also like how Elle treat the people around her nicely. There is no arrogant in her smile. I mean, isn’t always rich pretty girl being portrayed as proud and arrogant? But her character show differently.

And you might end up being something you never think that you will do. From a fashion major to a lawyer? That a big change. Like me, I never dream to be a teacher, but.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
I liked your post very much.
Lat night I watched "Legally Blond" for the second time. The movie is really an inspiration to remain honest, trustworthy and nice to people and never give up on acting how you know is right.
And it's the way to be at peace in mind. Because of this factor Elle could think clearly about matters.
I Love this movie :)

Popular Posts