Motivation, why we need it?

From Steven Grabek

Motivation means that which motivates, that which makes us
take action towards our desired goals and which gives purpose and direction
to those actions. Now we all know that very often we lose our motivation
and we allow procrastination to dominate our life. Without our motivation
we stop taking action and doing the things we really want to do, we stop
achieving the things we really want to achieve and we stop believing we are
capable of becoming who ever we want to be.
The secret to beating procrastination is that we need to keep motivated.
Every day we must do something, anything that gets us motivated, whether
it’s listening to your favourite song, going for that morning run or simply
reading some quotes. Every day we must motivate ourselves because when
we are motivated we have energy, we have ideas and we have dreams and
we pursue those dreams with our unbounded faith that we will achieve them
and more.

For me, motivation helped me to do better in life. To find what to do next, instead of only being idle. But I can easily lost my motivation by only one word of discouragement or even worst see other people do better than me. Then I always told myself, I cannot be doing this to myself. So I began to read and find good books instead of being low self confidence. ( to start with, I am a very low self confidence person having problem with nervousness and sometime I live in state of denial, instead of thinking of myself, I will think of other thing about other person, so that I can sway away my thought from thinking about my miserable life).

But then I learn one thing, we are what we think. I forgot from where I find that, but it make me realized. I had to change my way of thought. my definition of miserable is changed. How can I be miserable when I have family, friends and enough food to eat everyday. I learn to accept who I am and always be thankful with the way I am. You cannot change your life unless you yourself start it. I ignore what people think and say about me and do the thing I want to do, so long its legal and right. I don’t care people say I look typical kampong girl ( mean rural girl), or I am outdated. The matter is myself and I am happy with the way I am.

Some quotes about why we need motivation in our life

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily". Zig Ziglar

"Motivation is like food for the brain. You cannot get enough in one sitting. It needs continual and regular top ups". Peter Davies

" What we can or cannot do, what we consider possible or impossible, is
rarely a function of our true capability. It is more likely a function of our
beliefs about who we are".

Anthony Robbins

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always
your choice".

Wayne Dyer

"The best motivation is self-motivation. The guy says, “I wish someone
would come by and turn me on.” What if they don’t show up? You’ve got to
have a better plan for your life."

Jim Rohn


You were born with potential.
You were born with goodness and trust.
You were born with ideals and dreams.
You were born with greatness.
You were born with wings.
You are not meant for crawling, so don’t.
You have wings.
Learn to use them and fly.

Rumi

Comments

Popular Posts